DIY Waterproof Dog Blanket
This is one that requires more ingenuity and creativity.
Some German Shepherd owners are active and enjoy spending time outdoors.
That’s where this homemade waterproof blanket can come in handy!
I’ll admit though, this blanket is definitely meant for the crafty individuals as it will require some sewing.
So if you’re feeling up to the challenge then give this one a shot.
To begin crafting the DIY waterproof blanket you will need the following items:
- Polyurethane coated nylon fabric
- Fiber pile fleece
- Old sleeping bag for insulation
- Sewing materials/sewing machine
- Scissors and ruler/yardstick
If you’re interested in making this waterproof blanket for your German Shepherd Dog, then these are the following steps that need to be taken.
1. Cut the fiber pile fleece out, making it slightly smaller (50mm smaller) than the nylon fabric and the sleeping bag.
2. From there, combine the three layers. The nylon on bottom, sleeping bag insulation in the middle and the fiber pile fleece on top.
3. Create a 10mm hem and sew the fabrics together by hand or with your machine. (obviously the machine will save a lot of time)
4. If you have any old belt material or some other kind of straps available, you can sew those to the corners and the middle back of the nylon to roll it up or move it around easily.
Creating comfortable and warm blankets for your German Shepherd can be rewarding, especially when they show you how much they like them!